Underdog Gallery is delighted to host the first edition of London Italian Short Film Festival dedicated to movies with an Italian flavour.
It will be a great opportunity for the general public to experience Italian language and culture first hand. It will show some of the great Italian short films that deal with important subjects like creativity and life and its many challenges.
Admission: Free, just book your ticket via Eventbrite here
5pm – Doors open
5pm – 6pm – Networking, Drinks and Photo Call
6:00pm – Opening Screening
6:30pm – Official Selection Screenings
8:00pm – Out of competition: “Il Labirinto dell’Anima” + Q&A
9pm – Awards
9:30pm – Networking and Drinks
The evening will open with a screening of the teaser of the recital-concert “La Strada” by international artist Jacqueline Maria Ferry; a show that pays homage to the rich history of Italian cinema. Jacqueline, a French-Italian artist, has worked with many great Italian artists such as Giorgio Albertazzi, Gigi Proietti, Saverio Marconi, Francesco Tavassi and Fabrizio Angelini.
Offical Selection Screenings will include:
- Cercavo Qualcos’Altro (Looking For Something Else) by Alessio RupaltiOdio
- InsingaCarne e Polvere (Flesh and Dust) by Antonio La Camera
- Come Dio Comanda (As God Commands) by Marta Gervasutti
- Panda Cartoon by Claudio Falconi
- Perché un Documentario sull’Hip Hop a Napoli (Why a Hip Hop Documentary in Naples) by Fabio Aprea
- Matchstick Man (Do no harm to anyone, and do not be afraid) by Lorenzo Ambrosino
- An Extraordinary Place by Valentina D'Annunzio
After screening the shorts in competition, we will show the trailer for the feature film “Il Labirinto Dell’Anima” (“The Maze of the Soul”), followed by Q&A with director Claudio Gargano, producer and writer Laura Miriello and actress Livia Bertè.
At the end of the evening the best short will receive a prize awarded by the Jury.
The evening will be presented by young actress Sara Laratro, one of the founders of NIAL (Native Italian Actors in London) which IL Film Festival collaborates with.
The Jury will be composed by:
- Director and producer Enrico Tessarin
- Director and producer Stefania Bochicchio
- Founder of Infallible Productions Ltd
- Award-winning producer and director Aurelio Laino
- Writer, director and producer Luisa Pretolani
- Founder of Pahni Productions and the Draper Film Academy
- Veteran assistant director and producer Enrico Mastracchi Manes.
“The idea of the Festival came to Alida during a meeting of NIAL (Native Italian Actors in London) who we are all part of and me and Ale Marchese jumped straight on board” says Alessandro Ananasso.“Since the recent rebirth of love for Italian cinema, we wanted to give the opportunity to new talent to showcase their films with the sounds of Italian language” adds Artistic Director Alessandro Marchese.
FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE : CLICK HERE
3 mins walk from The Shard Exit of London Bridge Station, come out of the station, turn left at The Shard and walk down to the traffic lights, The Underdog is just across the lights on the left.